Community Update

Nutter
Community Admin
Community Admin

Community Update

Postby Nutter » Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 am

It has been quite some time since we released a community update, but as some changes are expected to go live in the near future we have decided to release this official note to clarify what we are working on.

I'll try to keep this as organised and straight to the point as possible. More information will likely be added as we progress.

Firstly, it should be noted that details are still somewhat under wraps and will be released as and when required. However, I hope this guide gives an overview of what to expect, what we’re working on and eliminate any false rumours.

So, without further delay, let’s start.

DW is now 5.5 years old, and largely we have maintained the same throughout the years. We now want to mix things up a little bit and try to bring back the spark. Our ultimate goal is to try promote engagement from everyone and liven things up a little, really bringing in the community feels.

Community Buddy System (last updated: 01/05/18)
Spoiler: show
The first point of topic is the much debated “Buddy System”. This has been talked at lengths between almost everyone in the community about how they think it should work. Alas, we have come to a decision and hand picked the parts we liked and currently implementing this as we speak.

New members will be assigned a buddy upon joining the clan. This will replace the standardized 1-month trial. This buddy system will cover all the basic expectations of a member as well as attempt to integrate them within the community. We hope this will invite more players to stick around. We are still working on the foundations that will support this system, and until such time these foundations are finalized, this system will not be live. We have no official projected date of release for this.

Clan Ranks, Commands and Promotions (last update: 01/05/18)
At this moment in time we have no intention to restructure the ranks; they will remain as is.
Promotions are currently on hold. There is no projected date as to when we will lift this, however, once we have completed other objectives, we will revisit this topic and subsequently decide how we wish to proceed on a more permanent basis.

There are some upcoming command changes. There will be more available to members and moderators. We do not have a complete list that we are able to share with you, but as soon as we have reviewed the commands we will let you know. This will also likely take effect once the foundations are in place to support other areas.

Eye (last updated: 01/05/18)
For those that do not know what 'Eye' is, it is our server administration panel. We are currently working on a new version of this, which will be available to everyone in the clan, Member+. As currently stands, depending on your rank, will depend on your permissions within Eye, but new features will be available to everyone and we hope this will assist greatly in managing our servers from the ground up.

Servers (last updated: 01/05/18)
Our servers will mostly remain the same, but some changes will take place.
Firstly, we have changed servers to allow in-game name changes. This will no longer use your Steam name.
Secondly, our currently unpopular Crash server is soon to see some change. We aim to work on this server to provide a more varied game, whilst still trying to keep it attractive. Once we make these changes, we will announce it - and through everyone's help we may even get it populated.

Some very minor changes are set to take place on all the servers, but nothing truly notable. Though we will release an official announcement with change-log once this occurs.

Website (last updated: 01/05/18)
As most of you will be aware, we have been updating our website frequently, and recently just undergone a large update. We are continuing to work on this, to integrate it better within our community and provide a more inclusive and engaging gaming experience. Currently we have built upon our stats system, which we aim to extend and incorporate this within member of the month. Alongside this, we aim to create new recognizable challenges and more reasons to game!

Questions are welcome. Anything you wish to know that you feel has not been adequately covered in this announcement, please feel free to respond below and we will answer as best we can.
Nutter
Community Admin
Community Admin

Re: Community Update

Postby Nutter » Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 pm

As currently stands, this announcement is not final, more detail will be added, but as time is escaping me these days I figured it was better to release what I have currently than waiting even longer to complete. So this is to say I will update as I go along, and bump what I have updated as and when I do.
MrEtherealLamb
[=DW=] Member
[=DW=] Member

Postby MrEtherealLamb » Mon May 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Ah well, this is awesome, i just hope that it gets implemented, at least some parts of it by the time i finish all my stuff connected to school and i get more time to play and talk on discord. :D
As far as questions go, who's dick do i need to suck so i get informed about this before you update it here?
ZeNGa
Server Admin
Server Admin
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198237601066/

Postby ZeNGa » Mon May 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Will there be new rules regarding clan-tag and name change?
I'm angry when someone removes a clan-tag,the rest seems to me ok :)
colorz
Trusted Player
Trusted Player
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ColorzSteam

Postby colorz » Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Good good, keep going!
Origin: Clrz1ftw • Steam: colorz

Graphics Designer. Over 4k hours on Dota 2. Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many.

Aside from when I play Dota, feel free to hit me up on Steam
Crom
[=DW=] Real Life Player
[=DW=] Real Life Player

Postby Crom » Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm

You are doing an excellent job.

Let's wish for more good years :)
</3
Kick Buttowiski
[=DW=] Member
[=DW=] Member

Postby Kick Buttowiski » Tue May 08, 2018 4:18 pm

So, Soon^tm is almost there :D I hope our Crash server gets back in action and everything will be fine tuned
Less than 3
beenhouwer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198165953995/

Postby beenhouwer » Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm

noice! im hyped about the new eye and buddy system. Cant wait to create a more tight community.
bubNN
Allied Leader

Postby bubNN » Tue May 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Good job guys, keep the updates coming!
ali ssslll
[=DW=] Member
[=DW=] Member
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ali021hhh

Postby ali ssslll » Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 pm

goOd jOb...I hope everything goes according to the plan ;)
Blaze
Server Admin
Server Admin
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023717368/

Postby Blaze » Wed May 09, 2018 3:46 am

What about like awards like 5 year member etc or reputation points would be cool and sounds good to me we should add a lead of each rank like that one person looks over there rank i'm glad we made it near 6 years :)
Nutter
Community Admin
Community Admin

Postby Nutter » Wed May 09, 2018 6:21 pm

We will have some new things added to forums in due time (such as awards). It's on our to-do-list, but not quite working on that yet.
As above, there will be no changes to the ranking structure at this time. It's something we may decide to look into in the future, but once everything else is done first.

As far as buddy system, we are meeting in the next few days to discuss our final plans for this, and how it should function. Once we decide this, implementation will commence. I'll also update here on our progress.
yossefze15
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561194556966849

Postby yossefze15 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Nice , the clan is getting bigger
No matter your status is , the matter that the fun you have
Berlin
[=DW=] Member
[=DW=] Member
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Berlin009

Postby Berlin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:20 pm

omg it's really a great job guys :D specially the "Buddy and Eye" thing.. keep going comrades, wish u all the best <3

Return to “Announcements”